Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Fall Y'all!



I love all things fall...no humidity, colorful leaves, bonfires, football, sweatshirts and scarves; the smell of pumpkin, cinnamon and burning leaves.  Once August rolls around, the kids head back to school and vacations are over, I'm ready to move on~bring on the scarecrows, corn stalks and jack o'lanterns.  

So today, in honor of the first day of Fall, I'm going to feature my fall decor.  Not gonna lie-I've been decorated since Labor Day but it's what makes me happy so here ya go...


Centerpiece for my dining room table

A year ago, Zane made me a "box" (really more of a rectangle but no one says "I have a rectangle full of decor on my table") from an old pallet that I change up with each season.  For fall I used pine cones, acorns and scarecrows along with votive candles in mason jars.  The runner is cut from a roll of burlap that I picked up at Wal-Mart.



Leaf Banner

I made this banner and it hangs from my hutch which is also in the dining room.  The leaf cutouts came from Wal-Mart as well and were hot glued to some cutout burlap and hung from jute rope.




This sign in a FAVE this year.  I found it at Dollar Tree of all places for, get this, $1.00!  Love those kinds of bargains.  You can't really see from the pic but it is all sparkly w/ glitter which also makes me happy.



Fireplace in Living Room

Yet another banner which is semi-homeade.  It says 'Happy Fall'.  I picked up the banner at Wal-Mart but added ribbon and leaves to dress it up a bit.  The other decor scattered throughout are items that I have picked up over the years or that AB has made.  Another FAVE of mine is the jack o'lantern on the mantle...AB made it a couple of years ago and it is a painted brown sandwich bag!  I added the ribbon and absolutely LOVE it!


Front Door


Back Door



Back Porch

To welcome us each day, I have corn stalks on either side of the steps at the back porch with a few pumpkins.  I picked up my pumpkins from a local farmers market, Jaemor Farms, here in town.  And as a side note, if you are local and have the chance to visit Jaemor Farms' Commerce location---you MUST try their deli.  Their deli sandwiches are to DIE for!!  (That's my opinion, they didn't pay me to say that.)




Check out this gnarly pumpkin...it's called a knuckle head.  



I also have little tidbits of fall scattered throughout the house like this little pumpkin hanging out in my kitchen by the sink. 

Well, that's a wrap on my Fall Home Tour; if you haven't yet decorated-what are you waiting for?  Just think, when all of this comes down it'll be time to decorate for CHRISTMAS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment